Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peter Parker


I got a secret so...

Ima try to whisper and not yell

I'm Peter Parker Shhhh

So please don't tell

Now I know what your thinking...Peter Parker was white

But was he? Did you meet him in person or in plain sight?

So real talk! I'm Parker

I--kid---you---not

I got a heart of steel with some holes and leaks

Got acute senses and a couple of cents to keep

Don't believe me? shit

Order some pizza

On call tonight and I would be the one to deliver


So keep this close to chest

Don't blow my cover

I'm Peter Parker

Even if there are plenty of others

You may know a few of us

1,

2,

or maybe 3

Ordinary thorns to societies homogeny

So humble and yet hungry

So regularly overlooked

Whats a goon to a goblin if you got both shook

Venom in my veins

And carnage in my chest

I still don't let my insecurities overtake my best


Peter Parker thats me

My professors are pressed

Smarts so subtle even when I pass the test

Don't need to be gassed

I know my own worth

We are dimes in a billion on this box called earth

So im straight

Im ok

Flashy only when I see fit

When you need a super hero Jane

I can be it


So i grind and I grow

Quietly tinkering all day

I won't quit even if yall fault me every which way

For I am

one man

Not an army or savior

I do my best with the least

its my natural behavior

So now you know my secret

I hope you wont tell

And next time your in need just give a good yell




I started writing this poem on the train back to DC. We all want to be something great and maybe we get side tracked. Being great and being "powerful" are not linked in any way. But we sometimes see power as great and thats an ultimate goal for many of us. Peter Parker is just a normal dude, he just happens to get some super powers. But when you really think about his every day life its one we wouldnt want to live. Always trying to find himself and balance his power with his wants. What Parker needs/wants is so confusing that even he isnt sure. With great power comes great responsibility. However irresponsible people will mess that ish up. Hope you liked it. Im sure I will edit it before I record it.


Live+Learn+Lead

Nonfiction


B.J.R.