Monday, August 10, 2009

Letting Go/Getting Back to a Familiar Place




My whole collection of boxed kicks, sneaks, steps -- whatever you may call them -- I'm handing over the rights to BJ to sell and do away with. While I made up my mind a while ago, that really I can do without, I'm still finding it difficult to let go. Not because of the depth to which I collected, but simply because of all the great memories that came along as a result of.


The picture above is the moment after the time my brother and I picked up the same pair of shoes, hysterically I'll much more remember the memories that subsequently followed. Moving and grooving to "Thriller" & "P.Y.T" in our underwear, high above the hills of San Francisco. They were cool shoes, but FUN times I'll never forget.


So I'm letting go and I'm also getting back to a place where several of my fondest memories occurred. The next few weeks will commence a new start, but gratefully I'll be able to get some rest and relaxation, headed back to California to revel in memories created and live in the ones to come.

-RIO

No comments: